The Sailing Club “I.O Rethymnon” was fundet 1991. It is located in the marina of Rethymnon, at the west part of the city, with a permanent presence in the sports events as well as in the social and cultural events of the city.
The activities of our sailing club include educational, racing and sailing cruise programs. Courses for adults are organized every year, for beginners and advanced sailors, as well as for our little sailors who discover and learn the great sport of sailing with Optimist and Laser boats.
As part of the following activities, "I.O. Rethymnon" offers the citizens and visitors of Rethymnon the opportunity to enjoy sailing in the following ways.
- OFFSHORE SAILING SCHOOL - certified by the recognized Greek sailing organization.
- TRIANGLE SAILING SCHOOL - with optimist, laser and J24 sailing ships
- RACE SAILING WITH PARTICIPATION IN LOCAL, REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL COMPETITIONS. Especially in regional competitions of -Laser, -Optimist, and J24 and International Offshore competitions.
- ORGANIZATION OF SAILING CRUISES - From 1 to 2 or more day cruises to Crete and other Aegean islands. The ships available to “I.O. Rethymnon” are 29-50 feet long.”
- SEMINARS - meteorology, first aid, rescue aid etc.
Contact: Sailing club Rethymnon "I.O. Rethymnon"
Address: Marina - Rethymnon-Sofokli Venizelou "Dolphin" 74100 Rethymnon